sooner or later 5 ways this naturopath learned to accept and love her body really fizzling out

fits 5 ways this naturopath learned to accept and love her body range in size
 
Photo :5 ways this naturopath learned to accept and love her body

that i'm wondering 5 ways this naturopath learned to accept and love her body By Dr. Sharon Stills, NMD 9/20/2017 Even though I m at a place now where I like my body, I worry that the endless photos in our social media feeds celebrating body positivity can actually make us feel negative about ourselves. My focus is on full acceptance, and if acceptance moves into love, that s even better. Here s what worked for me. How to accept/like/love your body a little bit more One of the first things I tell my patients is that it s hard to be happy in life if every time you look in the mirror, you hate what you see. I know. For years I disliked my hips until one day I saw my body reflected in a mirror during a yoga class. Suddenly those hips became beautiful because they looked right for my body. Finally, I didn t feel negative about being a woman with curves quite the opposite actually. Now, of course, getting to a better place with your body doesn t just happen. But with a little practice it gets easier. I have five basic strategies that I still follow on an almost daily basis: 1. I practice gratitude for my body. I take time every day to focus on what my body does for me. When I feel down about my arms, I remind myself that I give great hugs. My arms carry all of my belongings and they support me when I m practicing my yoga headstand. As women, we can really lose track of what our bodies do for us. Take time each day to appreciate how your body carries you through life. 2. I release negative thoughts. After years of criticizing my body, I know that negative thoughts are going to pop into my mind every now and then even if I try to stop them. So when they do, I don t think of it as a failure. Instead I acknowledge what s bothering me then I work to release the thought by practicing gratitude. I remind myself that one extra inch here or there doesn t make me less of a woman or less lovable. When the negative thoughts make their way back, I release them again and again. 3. I remember that pictures of models are airbrushed. Supermodel Cindy Crawford once said Even I don t wake up looking like Cindy Crawford. 4. I am realistic about myself. We need to stop comparing ourselves to everyone else! For me to be a size 0, I would have to eat air. And anyway, the grass is always greener. The woman who is super skinny with long straight hair is envious of my curves and my gorgeous natural curls or something else. When it comes to your body, your imperfections are exactly what make you perfect and unique. 5. I prioritize healthy habits. While I am realistic about my body, I stay aware to not use the fact that at times I carry a little extra weight or am in menopause as an excuse to completely ignore healthy habits. I eat a healthy diet, and I exercise because it makes me feel good. I also stay aware of not letting my weight become an obsession that limits how much joy I find in my life. For example, I like my paleo cupcakes. I like baking them, I like sharing them and they taste good. Would I be three pounds lighter if I didn t make them? Maybe. Would I be happier or healthier? I doubt it. I never forget that I can choose to change In the end, I encourage you to be in tune with yourself and what s important for you. To me, nothing is more rewarding than moving closer to accepting where I am today and becoming the person I want to be. Maybe I share it with others, maybe I don t. That choice just like the changes I do decide to make is up to me. is very important


appeared like 5 ways this naturopath learned to accept and love her body with courtesy


EmoticonEmoticon